Re: Can't import from Enterprise Manager

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/07/19

<knichols_at_pumatech.com> wrote in message news:8l4ha6$ps1$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> When I do an import in EM, it tries importing to the same user (failing
> on table already exists) even though I highlighted a different user to
> start the Import. There seems no way to explicitly pick a "fromuser"
> and "touser" in the EM, as you supposedly can from the command line.
> However, I can't import (or export) from the SQL*Plus command line. I
> get an "unknown command" error. I gave the IMP_FULL_DATABASE role to
> sysman and the user I'm trying to import to. Anyone have any
> suggestions for me? Thanks.
>
> Keith Nichols
> knichols_at_pumatech.com
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Export and import are separate distinct tools with their own executables, usually called imp.exe and exp.exe.
(pre 8i it was imp<versionnumber>.exe and exp<versionnumber>.exe) So you need to start up a good old DOS-box and run imp <username/password> file=... full=y fromuser=() touser=()
or imp help=y to get all available switches. Usually this is way faster than running an import from EM.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Wed Jul 19 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message