Re: WebDB/TNS could not resolve service name

From: Arnaldo Martins <arnaldo_at_replica.pt>
Date: 2000/07/19

Hi

There is a file that should be in WEBDB_HOME\net80\admin named TNSNAMES.ORA that contains the configuration of the connection string used by WEBDB to access Oracle.
The configuration should be the same as that in ORACLE_HOME\Network\Admin\TNSNAMES.ORA.

The problem is that Oracle and WEBDB are separated products with different HOME directories
and you have to keep 2 files in 2 directories.

I don't quite remember when i first installed WEBDB (yes, sometimes you make the mistake of not keeping a log book!!!) but during the process you have to specify this connection string that you must create by hand (or by copying from ORACLE_HOME\Network\Admin\TNSNAMES.ORA) before you can mention it in the instalation process.

Hope this helps.

Arnaldo
Portugal

<capricorn68_at_my-deja.com> escreveu na mensagem news:8l2ha0$c0p$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...