Re: Capture report output to excel

From: mgumbs <mgumbsNOmgSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/07/17

There isn't a way to directly convert your session into excel. There is an option in reports to convert your report output into a comma separated file (CSV). I think it is a parameter setting. From there the CSV output can be read into excel. To get the data in a CSV format in the first place, you can either create a tabular report and use the above method or create SQL code embedding commas in between quotes

e.g
SELECT '"'|| name ||'","'|| surname ||'","'|| tel_no ||'"' CSV FROM employees;

Spool the output to file.

As to automating the whole process, I guess you will be looking at OLE automation, calling OLE stuff in the after_report trigger.

Good Luck!

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Mon Jul 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message