UTL_File issue and directory settings

From: Sally Madeira <sallym1_at_home.com>
Date: 2000/07/17

[Quoted] I am getting the following error and I think it may have to do with how our [Quoted] DBA is setting the utl_file_dir:

ERROR at line 2:

ORA-06510: PL/SQL:  Unhandled user-defined exception
ORA-06512: "SYS.UTL_FILE, Line 88
ORA-06512: "SYS.UTL_FILE, Line 146
ORA-06512: at "Div.AimsProcessing", line 113
ORA-06512: at line 1

  1. I do not want to run this on the server side but on the client side. Is this the problem [Quoted]
  2. The directory settings are using UNC Format (\\GLAS\System\Oracle) If I want to see the subdirectories under this do I need to end with a "*". We are on a Novell network and the Oracle Database is also on Novell.

[Quoted] I am using embarcadero RApidSQL and trying to run this scripts from within a [Quoted] VB app that makes a call to sqlplus. I really think it is my directory setup, any thoughts

Sal Received on Mon Jul 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message