Simple (probably) PRO*C setup question

From: please help <slow_at_cable.com>
Date: 2000/07/17

Hello.

[Quoted] Three years ago, I used PRO*C a great deal at my previous job. I'd like to [Quoted] [Quoted] start using it at my current job, but I'm having trouble getting it setup [Quoted] correctly in our system. To get the syntax to slowly come back to me, I [Quoted] started out with the "hello world" program, complied it, and it worked fine. [Quoted] Next, I added an Oracle variable declaration. Here is the code:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <ctype.h>

[Quoted] [Quoted] [Quoted] EXEC SQL INCLUDE /oracle/product/7.3.4/precomp/public/sqlca.h; EXEC SQL INCLUDE /oracle/product/7.3.4/precomp/public/oraca.h;

/*
EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
varchar cid[5];
EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;
*/

main()
{

    printf ("hello world\n");
}

This compiled fine, but when I ran it, I got the following output:

test.exe[2]: /1000: cannot execute
test.exe[5]: struct:  not found
test.exe[7]: unsigned:  not found
test.exe[8]: void:  not found
test.exe[9]: void:  not found
test.exe[10]: unsigned:  not found
test.exe[12]: typedef:  not found
test.exe[13]: typedef:  not found
test.exe[16]: /1000: cannot execute
test.exe[17]: typedef:  not found
test.exe[18]: typedef:  not found
test.exe[20]: /1000: cannot execute
test.exe[20]: Package:  not found
test.exe[21]: struct:  not found
test.exe[23]: unsigned:  not found
test.exe[24]: char:  not found
test.exe[26]: static:  not found
test.exe[28]: 6,:  not found
test.exe[29]: test.c: cannot execute
test.exe[33]: static:  not found
test.exe[36]: static:  not found
test.exe[37]: unsigned:  not found
test.exe[38]: unsigned:  not found
test.exe[39]: unsigned:  not found
test.exe[40]: unsigned:  not found
test.exe[41]: unsigned:  not found
test.exe[42]: unsigned:  not found
test.exe[43]: unsigned:  not found
test.exe[44]: short:  not found
test.exe[45]: unsigned:  not found
test.exe[46]: char:  not found
test.exe[47]: unsigned:  not found
test.exe[48]: unsigned:  not found
test.exe[49]: short:  not found
test.exe[50]: unsigned:  not found
test.exe[51]: unsigned:  not found
test.exe[52]: unsigned:  not found
test.exe[53]: unsigned:  not found
test.exe[54]: short:  not found
test.exe[55]: unsigned:  not found
test.exe[56]: unsigned:  not found
test.exe[57]: syntax error at line 57 : `}' unexpected

It looks like I probably just haven't got something set up correctly, but [Quoted] [Quoted] with no previous experience setting up PRO*C and not being the DBA of our [Quoted] system, I have no idea where to even start looking for the problem. Does [Quoted] anyone have any idea what would cause this type of output?

[Quoted] Thanks for any help.

--
[Quoted] Ron Watson
[Quoted] rwatson_at_kemron-lab<takethisout>.com