Re: SQLLDR , Skipping fields

From: <pmohanan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/16

hi...David,

   I did find a workaround. I used the command "cut" to get only those fields which I want & redirected to a different file. But there is another issue now, there is a VARCHAR(255) field which has got newline character in it ("\n"), now the SQLLDR bombs when it find that the logical record hasn't finished before it loads the data for all fields.

Is it possible to tell the SQLLDR to ignore the newline character until it finds the delimiter?

Regards,

Praveen

In article <39712053.881F5A01_at_home.com>,   David Erwin <daveerwin_at_home.com> wrote:
> There no way to do it, as far as I know, unless you have a fixed
> position file. The best you can do is create a temp table, load the
> temp table and use the temp table to load your real table using a
> "insert into real_table select col1, col2, ... from temp_table"
> statement.
>
> pmohanan_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi..All,
> >
> > I am downloading the data from sybase to load into Oracle DB. Now,
> > all the data fields in the data file are not required & its a
 variable
> > length record. If the record looked like :
> >
> > Field1|Field2|field3|field4|field5|field6|field7|field8
> >
> > I want to pick only say, field1, field3, field7 & Field8. Is there
 any
> > option in SQLLDR where I can specify which fields are needed.
> >
> > * Positions won't work as its a variable length record.
> >
> > Thanks a lot in Advance.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Praveen Mohanan
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Jul 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message