Re: data file question

From: Big Al <db-guru_at_att.net>
Date: 2000/07/14

[Quoted] This type of change is usually handles by and export/import process also known as reorganization. Just export the tablespace. Truncate (or drop) the tables to reduce archive logging. Drop the tablespace and recreate it however you want it to look. Then import the tablespace contents. Make sure you have all related constraints and indexes to recreate them. This is a simplified explanation of the process. More details are available on the web and in Oracle documentation.

Big Al