Re: Oracle8 SQL analyzing tools

From: Cheeseless In Cheddar <nhhdc_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/14

In article <8nvb5.6580$MT.153883_at_news-west.usenetserver.com>,   "welchd" <welch_at_psn.net> wrote:
> I am wondering if people can recommend Oracle performance management
 tools,
> especially to analyze SQL statements WHILE AN APPLICATION IS RUNNING
> (closely coupled to the application).........in other words, I don't
 want to
> have to give it a particular SQL statement to analyze; I want to run
 my
> application and have it show & log all SQL being processed giving me
 data
> about problems with the SQL, and recommendations for tuning the
 statements,
> etc.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

TKPROF analyses each statement, for a session or whatever, search your documentation and you should be pointed in the right direction, on my pc it is
C:\ORANT\doc\database.804\a58246\strace.htm

Gareth

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jul 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message