Re: switching of database

From: I hate Spam <tbf_at_nospam.stam.dk>
Date: 2000/07/13

[Quoted] On Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:13:31 +0800, "Sender" <sender_at_happy.net> wrote:

>Our users have to access 2 databases, one for production and another for
>testing. Since the database name and client software path have to be
>specified in the windows registry, we provide them with two icons and use
>batch file to execute regedit to switch between the two environments.
>Recently, auditor request us to disable registry editing (we use windows nt
>v4.0 workstation). I like to know is the database switching method we use
>the right way to do? If not, what method do you use?

Either set the correct parameters in the properties/shortcut of the [Quoted] desktop icon, or change the users environment parameters

Oracle looks after the settings in

current users environment
all users environment
registry

in that order.

I define the parameters in the shortcut definition.

Hans Erik Busk
Yours Hans Erik Busk
tbf_at_cn.stam.dk Received on Thu Jul 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message