Re: WEB DB: Problem granting priveleges other than 'Public"

From: Klaus Zeuch <KZeuch_at_nospamhotmail.com>
Date: 2000/07/13

[Quoted] Create a database access descriptor DAD (e.g.: toall) and specify *both* user and password for that dad (e.g. scott/tiger). Grant execute privileges [Quoted] for menu and reports to scott. Call the components (e.g. menu publicmenu) using the dad toall in the url, e.g.:
http://myserver/toall/scott.publicmenu.show. There's no need for login, cause webdb can dad toall resolve as login as scott/tiger and invoking package publicmenu Procedure show in the scott-schema.

If you want a login from the user take a DAD without predefined user/password -> user must login -> to see his components he must have been [Quoted] granted execute privileges. By the way: Grant privileges to roles, not to users, and grant that roles to the user - makes maintenance a lot more easier.

Hth

Klaus