OEM 2.1 discovering nodes incorrectly

From: Verna Legaspi <verna.legaspi_at_attws.com>
Date: 2000/07/13

Hello,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm trying to use the extra management packs of OEM 2.1 (tuning, diagnostics, etc.)

I'm assuming my problem is the discovery process picks up slightly incorrect [Quoted] [Quoted] information about my nodes/databases. It tries to connect using the host name instead of the net8/local net services name. It also adds a period (.) [Quoted] to the host name. So, whenever I try to connect to any of these nodes, I [Quoted] get an error:

Error occurred on <host>. while connecting to target database:

XP-21161: Database connection attempt has failed

ORA-12564: TNS:connection refused

The programs I would like to use (SQL Analyze, Change Manager) are picky as [Quoted] to what type of nodes they will let you connect to. They will only connect [Quoted] to automatically discovered nodes, therefore I cannot manually edit the "Service:" field on my Database Login dialog box.

Anyone run across this before or have any ideas?

TIA,
Verna Received on Thu Jul 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message