Trick to 'SELECT'ing Packages and procedures? (SQL*Plus)

From: Kelly <kgrigg_at_diamonddata.com>
Date: 2000/07/13

Hi all,
[Quoted] [Quoted] I've been playing around with trying to create and use my own packages/procedure in WebDB. I have a question about using a procedure or function in a SELECT statement....is there a special permission or trick to this?

I can create a procedure...say kelly.return_url

and if I do SELECT kelly.return_url from dual; It works just fine. Well, now, I'm trying to use the oas_public.htp.anchor procedure....when I do
SELECT oas_public.htp.anchor ('me.jpg','Click Here') from dual; I get a invalid column name error..pointing to anchor as the problem.

This is all being run from SQL*Plus for right now....why is the htp.anchor procedure not being recognized as a procedure?

TIA!! Kelly
kgrigg_at_diamonddata.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jul 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message