Pinned Package Oracle 7.3.4

From: Keith Jamieson <jamiesonk_at_phoenix.ie>
Date: 2000/07/12

I have a very large package which I have pinned in the shared pool. It also uses dbms_sql extensively, and I have alos pinned the dbms_sql package in the shared_pool.
The shared_pool buffer is flushed before this happens.

It appears that if it is dropped and recreated, then the first time it is called , it appears to fail with existing state of packages has been discarded error. It seems to be reliable once it has been called once.

The questions are:
One

 Do I need to do anything after pinning the package? eg Do I have to call the package and execute any or all of the functions and procedures within the package

Two

Would it be sufficient to merely compile the package immediately after installation.

Three

Is there any other Oracle Parameter that I can adjust, so that the procedure has enough room, etc to execute and recompile itself. Received on Wed Jul 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message