Help: Database can not be started

From: sc <cfs3526_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/07/11

I created another database using create database commend to create a new database
on the same machine with my existing database to practice recovery manager. I built
the recovery catalog one the new database and created a schema Rman with recover_catalog_owner privilege. But when I was trying to do a full database backup,
I got an error message that the database has to be in ARCHIVE LOG ood( which
database has to be in archivelog mood? The target database or recover database?).
So I shut down the database which host the recover catalog, try to change it archive
log mood, but I can not start the database anymore, the error message saying that the
database can not be mounted in EXCLUSIVE mood, what should I do to fix this problem?

Thank you very much for your help. Received on Tue Jul 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message