Stored Procedures from Java/VB returning Result Sets(via ADO)

From: Keith Jamieson <jamiesonk_at_phoenix.ie>
Date: 2000/07/11

Database Oracle 7.3.4
Microsodft ODBC for Oracle V 2.573.3711.00 MSORCL32.DLL 01/02/99 In testing a stored procedure(in a package) which returned a result set we made the following 0bservations.

Calling from Java to Oracle was quick but failed on the 114th iteration of the call. This was still the case when we tried this on another PC.

Calling from VB to Oracle was significantly slower, but the call worked every time.

The procedure has an output parameter defined as a pl/sql table for each column that needs to be returned. Note, that the VB did not bother displaying any of the Data.

Does anyone know why this behaviour occurs, and more importantly, what to do to get around the problem.
eg Is there a later driver which fixes the problem?

TIA Keith Received on Tue Jul 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message