Oracle V8.0.5 under Linux

From: Timo Volkmer <timo.volkmer_at_lhsytems.com>
Date: 2000/07/10

[Quoted] Hi everyone!

I am currently porting an application from HP-UX to Linux using SuSE-Linux 6.2 (Kernel 2.2.10).
[Quoted] We are using Oracle 8.0.5 on our Linux machine and it seemed to be installed correctly.
[Quoted] I was able to link and run some executables but the database access through oracle did not work
properly.
[Quoted] We were then encountering problems with all the oracle tools like sqlplus and so on. Basically
[Quoted] all tools in ./oracle/bin crash with a segmentation fault immediately after I start them.
Several reinstallations with the current patches did not solve the problem. We were doing the
[Quoted] installation exactly according to SuSE's Support-Database for SuSE-Linux 6.2 [Quoted] but it did not work.

If anyone can offer some help here or know what else could be worth a try I [Quoted] would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Timo. Received on Mon Jul 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message