Forms Server is running on Win95/98?

From: Roman Chepelev <romanc_at_ucb.crimea.ua>
Date: 2000/07/09

Hi,

[Quoted] Anybody know that forms server can run on win95 or 98 platform? I've put

reports server to run on it but have a trouble with forms. There is nothing also
appropriate about it on the net, as i didn't found any. Many of the discussions
concern OAS on NT and not 95/98 at all. Why not to make PWS and Forms for Web working on these platforms. I've installed products needed to run forms
on the Web, all of the setup have been done, created static HTML to run the form
and initiated connection to forms client. The forms server listner cought the
connection and put an instance information to f50web32.exe webfile=32,[n],my.addr,mylogfile.log, wheere [n] - the instance number of the
client connection. The first number i don't know, it's the same for any connection.
I looked at the log file and found records for each attempt to make connection
requested by the applet client. Then it invokes f50w32.dll in the function called
osnsui, and here i'm stoped. I don't know if it runs form actually or not because
i haven't recieved any messages of error. On the contrary the appplet is running
in the browser but listner can't catch a message about connection being made by
the client. I have imagination that forms runtime was running and got failed i don't
know why. Any ideas ?

Thanks Received on Sun Jul 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message