Wcp server problem with iFS 1.0.8.1.0

From: <eshalloo_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/07

Hi,

[Quoted] We have iFS installed on NT Service Pack 5. We did a minimum install of [Quoted] just the NTFS service to begin with and we intend to expand to include mail etc. in a while.

We can drag/drop into the mapped drive no problem and create users/groups etc.

However if we try to use any of the versioning/CICO/List Parents etc. we get the error "Cannot connect to any WCP server.Please make sure a WCP server instance is started for the iFS server mapped to drive O".

I checked the Task Manager Processes list and it is a process short i.e. There should be a total of 2 jre.exe processes and 3 jrew.exe processes.

I can only assume that the missing jre.exe process is the WCP service that should be there.

Also I've searched the whole hard disk for a log file for the WcpServer [Quoted] and there is not one there (although there is one [as expected] for the NTFS service).

[Quoted] This, I think, means that the WcpServer is never kicked off.

  1. Can I start it manually?
  2. Why is this happening and what can I do to fix it?

Regards,
Eoin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jul 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message