Using SQL loader to update tables

From: <vdragonz_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/07

Is it possible to use SQL Loader to update a series of tables? I tried it and got errors of

ORA-02292: integrity constraint violated - child record found.

Here is the case:

I have 15 tables in the database and I have to update 12 of them from time to time. Some of the data fields in a few tables are foreign keys referencing to other ones. At the same time the other 3 tables also have foreign key referencing to one of those 12 tables.

So, when I try to update the 12 tables, no matter in what order, I encounter problems. Is there anyway to load the data without caring about the indexing, primary key and foreign key stuff? All the 12 tables will be loaded at the same time. Is it possible to defer the rejection until I update all tables? and how can I update the 12 tables without deleting the data in the other 3 tables?

Thank you very much for any help

Ray

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jul 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message