OAS and "Group Messaging"

From: Keith Bloom <akbloom_at_clark.net>
Date: 2000/07/06

We recently installed Oracle Application Server 4.0.8.1 on an NT machine. It then started broadcasting TCP/IP multicast packets to the LAN. After some searching through the OAS manuals, I was able to confirm that something called "Group Messaging" was responsible for the broadcast packets (the IP address and port match the results of running the "oasmcastcfg" utility).

Apart from the reference in the Installation Guide and the description of the utility in the Administration Guide, I've found no documentation of this OAS "feature". What is it supposed to do? Where is it documented? And most of all, how can you turn it *off* -- it's annoying the network administrator.

Keith Received on Thu Jul 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message