Pro*C with 8.1.6 under Redhat 6.2?

From: G.M.B <gmb_at_worldnet.fr>
Date: 2000/07/05

Hi,

Was anyone around able to build a (even basic) program using Pro*C? I, and other people, including on the oracle technet, are unable to go beyond the step where the linker kicks them out, being unable to find sqlcext function in the generated C-code. And this is the farther I could reach, as before that, I had to deal with missing headers, etc...

2 questions then :
- Is there any clear, comprehensive documentation, with simple and
readable examples (not like the makefiles provided)
- Is the Pro*C a trustable tool, as it appears read documentation on it
is almost impossible to find. What kind of other interface should I use between C programs and an oracle 8.1.6 database?

Thanks Received on Wed Jul 05 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message