Re: Oracle Procedure Versioning

From: <sigdock_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/04

Version Control is a rather weak point in Oracle. I don't think it's possible to keep the old versions in the database. A solution could be to store the old versions is, let's say, Visual Source Safe or PVCS. If you need an older version you can restore it from there and recreate it.

h.t.h.

BertJan Meinders
Oracle DBA
ASR-ICT In article <3960498b_at_news.bezeqint.net>,   "Moshe Eshel" <moshe_at_u4all.com> wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I need a recommended Version Control tool for oracle - so I can keep
 Old
> versions of procedures in the Database and go back to them whenever I
> want...
>
> Any other recommended solution for this problem would be greatly
> appriciated!
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Moshe Eshel
> moshe_at_u4all.com
> www.u4all.com The Live eLearning Marketplace

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jul 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message