Re: strange date behaviour

From: Obakesan <cjundieseastwd_at_powerup.com.au>
Date: 2000/07/04

HiYa

In article <8jsu6j$ggb$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, Thomas J. Kyte

>goto
>http://technet.oracle.com/doc/oracle8i_816/server.816/a76989/ch23.htm#37
>627
>
>and search for "first day of" on that web page. Its chapter 2 of the
>SQL reference about the DATE datatype -- this is the defined behaviour.

thanks .... I am not sure what the person was wanting to do with this code, personaly I'd not thought of doing something like that, but I didn't understand the behaviour

it (to me) seems strange that without a formatter it defaults to the first of the month, is there a reason for that date rather then today's date??

--

See Ya
(when the bandwidth gets better ;-)