Re: stored procedure question

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 2000/07/03

In article <8jr3cm$squ$1_at_newsfeed.smartt.com>,   "Sunny" <sunnyb_at_vendtek.bc.ca> wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I have a question. what happens when suppose you have a stored
 procedure
> that you call from your application and it passes you a value(say the
> primary key) and once you get it in your application you dont want
 anyone
> else to see it. ok now there are say 5 stations calls this stored
 procedure
> at the exact same time and execute the stored procedure. ok now the
 question
> is what happens to that value who gets it and how oracle executes the
 stored
> procedure for say 5 different stations. does it opens only the one
 instance
> of the stored procedure... how does it do it.
>
> thanks everyone

code (text) is shared
data is private

your data segment/stack segment is yours and only you will see it. the executable code is shared across sessions, your local and package (global) variables are private to your session.

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte_at_us.oracle.com) Oracle Service Industries
Howtos and such: http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/index.html

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.