Re: char vs varchar2

From: (wrong string) øren Junk <sojudk_at_ifsas.dk>
Date: 2000/06/30

[Quoted] [Quoted] The basic difference between char and varchar2 is, that a varchar2 only [Quoted] takes up the space it needs, and a char takes up the whole length (trailing [Quoted] spaces are added).

[Quoted] This means that if you have an empty string, the varchar2 will treat it as [Quoted] an empty string, but a char will treat is a a number of spaces.

Regards

Søren Junk

[Quoted] news:nlZ65.2368$Dr3.145427_at_monolith.news.easynet.net...