Re: sql*loader-282 error

From: Eric Givler <egivler_at_flash.net>
Date: 2000/06/30

I had a similar error trying to load data into a 7.3.4 instance with an 8.0.5 sqlloader.

The resolution: Go to metalink and read about it. Essentially, you need to use the SQLLoader/Oracle utilities that were included with the database. What I did was reran the Oracle installer for 7.3.4 and installed the Oracle Utilities, along with the Product docs, TCP/IP, SQL*NEt and required support files. Then, I added the TNS entry for the instance I wanted to connect to and OILA, it worked.

Note that my oracle client was an 805 installation in \orant and I wrote to that same home. I had an 815 client in ora815 (ora815_home), and the 6i tools in d:\ora6idev (ora6idev_home).

Goood luck.