Re: E-mail from PL/SQL procedure

From: Eric Givler <egivler_at_flash.net>
Date: 2000/06/30

Couldn't you create the html page with a vbscript program and run it from the nt command line via a schedule utility? Then, when the file is created, just send an email from the command line using Jmail, or use automation to send it through Outlook or something similar?

If it has to be in the database on 7.3.4, Oracle has a sample "daemon" that you can compile (Visual c++) and it would handle this type of operation. You'll probably have to do some work though. On 8.0, you can call external procs to send email, and I have examples of how that's done.

I've never tried COM automation, but there's an example on Technet that shows how to do mailings with that on an 8.1.5 instance, and you can probably do it with Java too.

Good luck!