FRM-40654 Record updated by another user (Forms 4.5)

From: <mconn_at_gds.ca>
Date: 2000/06/29

I know this error is well documented and I have gone through all I can find re this error. I have found nothing that helps.

Here is the behaviour:

  1. User enters a record
  2. User commits record
  3. User tries to upadate any field on the same record
  4. User gets the error

I have looked into format masks (removed them all no change) I have displayed all values on all blocks of this form and there is no change
I have looked at data types(they all seem fine) I have removed all items that are non-base table or query only (no change)
I have removed the detail block form the form completely (no change) There are no items that are query only that the user can change I have removed all commit time and pre commit code that modifies block item (no change)
I have removed all post commit code (no change) I have looked at database triggers to see if they are modifying any thing

I have done a lot here. Essentailly I stipped the form down until there was only required database fileds left and that it. I still get the message. I am forms guy with a lot of experience with forms and with this error, but this one hase me stumped.

Any suggestions?????

Here is the version info:
Forms 4.5 (Designer) Version 4.5.6.5.5 (Production) Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.4.0.0 - Production

     With the distributed and parallel query options
     PL/SQL Release 2.3.4.0.0 - Production
Oracle Toolkit Version 2.1.7.14.0 (Production) PL/SQL Version 1.1.43.8.0 (Production)
Oracle Procedure Builder V1.5.5.7.0 - Production Oracle Virtual Graphics System Version 2.1.8.16.0 (Production) Oracle Tools GUI Utilities Version 1.0.3.3.0 (Production) Oracle Multimedia Version 2.0.5.8.0 (Limited Production) Oracle System Service Layer 2.1.0.8
Oracle Tools Integration Version 1.1.3.1.0 (Production) Oracle Tools Common Area Version 1.1.11.0.0 Oracle CORE Version 3.0.10.3.0 - Production

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jun 29 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message