Re: Forms 6i real buggy...

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_fightspam.sd.znet.com>
Date: 2000/06/27

"JMNpst" <jmnpst_at_aol.com> wrote in message news:20000627171618.02029.00000276_at_ng-md1.aol.com...
> Having installed Forms/Reports 6i on my W98 client PC, I find that there are
> alot of small bugs within this software.
> Whenever I increase the frame on a form, the items default back to its
 original
> placement, after I spent hours trying to place them where I want them. The
> alignment tool doesn't align very well, and whenever I change an item color
> from <Unspecified> to 'any color', but then remove the color, the form item
> doen't change back. I also frequently get Illegal Operation errors, and have
> shut down, so I end up Saving everytime I make a change to the form - even if
> move an item a centimeter cause I'll never know when the error will hit.
> There are more, somewhat smaller bugs, but its still annoying.
> Anyone have these problems too?
> I have not seen any fix for this at all at Technet, or Metalink at Oracle.

I've noticed these bugs in 6.0:

  1. Sometimes I can't add triggers by hitting the '+' icon or choosing "create" from the menu (sometimes I can, sometimes I can't - not sure why). I have to copy and paste an existing trigger and rename it instead.
  2. The button with the three dots '...' inside the Object Navigator's Property Palette doesn't seem to want to call up the window where you can edit your entry.
  3. The "Prompt" attribute will no longer accept a carriage return in the Property Palette (like if you have a prompt "over" an item in a multi-record display), such as:

Trn
Date

(as opposed to "Trn Date")

However it will work if you edit the prompt from the canvas painter directly (accepts a carriage return OK).

5. F2 (or using the menu option) doesn't seem to want to bring up the canvas viewer all the time like it used to. Previously it would put your right on the item if you were in the Object Navigator on an item that's on a canvas and if you weren't on a canvas item, it would bring up a window with the list of canvases. The latter no longer works.

6. Opening two modules in Developer and then completely collapsing the node in the Object Navigator by hitting the '+' while holding "Shift" will result in a zero-divide error and Developer crashes when you try to expand the node again (and the node should display as a '-' but doesn't - it's blank). (Never noticed if this happened in 5.x though.)

-Matt Received on Tue Jun 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message