ADO Question

From: <gcouch_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/27

I am using MS Excel 97 to connect to an Oracle DB and return data. I have used DAO successfully in the past. However, I have begun making the transition to ADO. A few days ago, I downloaded ADO 2.5 from MS's site and installed in on my PC. I successfully established a connection to Oracle using the following VBA code:

   Sub ConnectionTest()
     Dim cn as ADODB.Connection

     set cn = New ADODB.Connection
     cn.Open " (name) "

     if cn.State = adStateOpen then
       debug.print "Connection is open"
     endif

   end sub

I got the "Connection is open" msg in the immediate window of VBA. Now, a couple of days later, I run the exact same code and I get an error msg when executing the Open. The msg reads :

Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)': Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126 (Oracle73)

The only change I have made is to download the Platform SDK from Microsoft to obtain the help files for ADO. I have reinstalled 2.5 following the SDK installation but this hasn't corrected the problem.

Can anyone shed light on what my problem may be?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Greg

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jun 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message