Re: A Beginner's Problem

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_fightspam.sd.znet.com>
Date: 2000/06/26

<rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8j7v3v$gvs$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Marina,
> What subdirectory are you sitting in at the time of the
> call? The Form being called must either: be in the
> search path (found in the registry), or be in the local
> directory. (I typically do not launch forms from the
> Start menu, but from a shortcut in which I put some
> directory name in "Start In". Otherwise, you put
> put the explicit pathway into the Call Form call
> ('drv:\mydir\formname')...
>
> 2) I am assuming you have already compiled the form
> being called and found it to compile successfully
> (even, run it, to see if everything binds successfully).
>
> Good Luck
> Robert Proffitt
> Beckman Coulter

She'd probably get a "Cannot find form XXXX" message if the call_form was executing and the form in question wasn't in the path.

I'd advise putting debug messages before and after the call_form to see if it is for sure being executed:

message('before call form'); pause;
call_form('MYFORM');
message('after call form'); pause;

If you don't get your messages, then that part of the code isn't executing.

Also see the online help for call_form to see what the various arguments are - perhaps you need to pass a NO_HIDE or HIDE or whatever.

-Matt Received on Mon Jun 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message