Re: Simple Oracle Browser

From: <gliddencl_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/26

In article <8ibfls$emu$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   acarlon_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> This sounds like an incredibly moronic question, but here it goes:
>
> I am looking for something as a "graphical front-end" to Oracle. My
> boss has told me that she requires something that will allow her to
> construct her own queries on the fly on our data. She is uninterested
> in learning SQL, and wants a "simple interface" that will let her do
> these things. She has lately become enamoured with Access's interface
> (?) and wants "something like that" that she can use.
>
> I've seen a couple options which looked interesting, but all of them
> seemed more oriented toward administration than simple querying and
> export of queries to files (which is all that she needs -- and that I
> want her -- to be able to do), and the ones that weren't were unable
> do even simple join operations.
>
> I could probably program something that would fit her needs myself
> (which is what I will end up doing if this doesn't work), but I'm not
> developer, and I just wanted to know if there was anything out there
> that anyone else had already written that would do this. Anyone have
> any ideas? Thanks a lot.
>
> Andrew
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Oracle has a product called Oracle Discoverer. It is a point-and-click interface that can be used to create queries. It can also export the results to Lotus, Microsoft, and other formats. You may want to go to Oracle.com and check it out.
Corey

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jun 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message