Re: Python interface to Oracle? - yes.

From: Shae Erisson <shapr_at_uab.edu>
Date: 2000/06/22

Andreas Rottmann wrote:

> David YEUNG <dyeung_at_ust.hk> writes:
>
> > Does anyone know if any python module has been developed for
> > interfacing with Oracle8i database on Linux?
> >
> That would be interesting for me, too. I'm likely to develop one, if
> it doesn't exist, since I have the infrastructure ready - see
> GQL.sourceforge.net.

http://www.zope.org/Products/DCOracle
Digital Creations appears to be the main source of experts on Python and Oracle interaction.

The changelog for DCOracle mentions Oracle 8 specifically in several places, therefore I would assume they have support for it.

It supports Python 1.4 or higher, and Oracle 7.3 and higher.

--
sHae mAtijs eRisson (sHae_at_wEbwitchEs.coM) gEnius fOr hIre