Re: Preview/screen?

From: Brian Duff <bduff_at_uk.oracle.com.DELETE_THIS_BIT>
Date: 2000/06/22

Hi,

There should be very little visible difference. I believe that rendering in Preview mode involves using your printer drivers. In Screen mode, the report is rendered directly. I'm aware of a tiny number of very obscure differences that sometimes occur as a result of this. One example is a large (>656 character) block of text with no spaces. This will line wrap (assuming your have set up the boilerplate text to do so) properly in Screen mode but not in Printer mode (at least with the printer drivers I've tested it on). This kind of thing is rare though and in this case is a bug.

Brian