SQL*Loader problem

From: MLoo <change07_at_change.com>
Date: 2000/06/20

While using SQL*LOADER I specify that datafiles are terminated by ',' enclosed by '"' (standard .csv format).

This works great as long as the data between the " enclosures does not contail a ".

For example when the data is "SAMSUNG 19" MONITOR" then the line gets discarded.

 I don't understand this as the documentation for SQL*LOADER claims that the termination delimeter and enclosure delimeter work together in order to determine field definitions (i.e. when SQL*LOADER hits the " (from the above example), it should immediately find that it is not followed by a comma and realize that it is not the enclosure symbol) But it doesn't seem to be working this way for me.

Any insight on this?

Thanks. Received on Tue Jun 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message