Pls Help - full name of users

From: Larry <lnitzu_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/16

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted]  I need to keep extra information about users. That is, depending on the username and password the user entered the full name  must be retrieved. I saw that Oracle has a table/view called user_users that has a field called external_name. I guess I have to  enter here the full name, but oracle refuses to accept:  update user_users set external_name='my name' where user_id=<number>;

 It reports: "cannot modify a column which maps to a non key-preserved table"

 Does anyone know how could I keep full names of the users?  Many (I mean MANY) thanks in advance!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jun 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message