Re: Forms cancel button

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_fightspam.sd.znet.com>
Date: 2000/06/16

<bosimon_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8idsa6$424$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> I am new to Developer and have spent a lot of time on the following
> issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> I am trying to add a cancel button to a form I'm working on. I want it
> to close the form just like the Action|Exit menu item -- close without
> asking any questions or saving anything. I'm using the
> when_button_pressed trigger and the code is:
>
> Begin
> Exit_form(no_validate, full_rollback);
> End;
>
> It insists that the NOT NULL fields in the form be filled out before
> failing completely by not doing anything. If I take out the parameters
> it will close the form, but first it asks a lot of questions.
> Everything I've read says that Exit_Form should behave like Action|Exit.
> What is missing here?

I think there's either a form or block property that has something to do with validating mandatory fields as you go along or when you leave the record. Not sure but that might have something to do with it. See if you can find that property and turn it on/off and see if that helps.

We've also used exit_form(no_validate) but w/o the full_rollback you're using - try that too.

If neither of the above work, try this:

Begin

   if :SYSTEM.RECORD_STATUS = 'INSERT' THEN

      clear_record;
   end if;
   Exit_form(no_validate, full_rollback); End;

Good luck,

Matt Received on Fri Jun 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message