New to Oracle, question about OTN

From: Edward Lau <splau_at_home.com>
Date: 2000/06/15

Hello Everyone:

[Quoted] I used to develope web site with ASP and MS SQL server. Since many companies [Quoted] are using Oralce DB, I want to learn more about the Oracle8i DB Server and PL/SQL. I am new to Oracle and I found Oracle offers an OTN Technology Track with only $200 USD/year.

The Windows NT Platform track included:
[Quoted] Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 2 (8.1.6) Oracle8i Standard Edition Release 2 (8.1.6) Oracle WebDB V2.2
Oracle8i Lite V4.0.0.2
Oracle Application Server V4.0.8.1
Oracle8i Personal Edition V8.1.5

I am not familiar with oracle products. Are Oracle8i Enterprise Edition, Standard Edition, and Personal Edition all Oracle database server (with different options)?

[Quoted] What is Oracle WebDB?

Can Oracle Application Server used to develope web site application (similar [Quoted] to VB and InterDev)?

Can anyone please explain to me? Sorry, I checked oracle website but all those products are very confusing to a new guy like me.

I also want to learn oracle DB administration, any good book for a beginer?

Thanks :-)
Edward Received on Thu Jun 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message