Re: Developer 2000 Question Help Please!!

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_fightspam.sd.znet.com>
Date: 2000/06/15

"Juan Manuel Ballester" <juabalga_at_inf.upv.es> wrote in message news:39489890.FC0943FB_at_inf.upv.es...
> Hello,
>
> I am a Beginner with Developer 2000 and I want to get the number of
> records in a Block. I donĀ“t see any property of the block that tell me
> this...What could i do?
>
> Thank You
>
> JuanMa

[Quoted] procedure my_record_count is

--
[Quoted] v_cursor_record number := :SYSTEM.CURSOR_RECORD;
v_record_count number := 0;

Then, call this procedure from where you need to.

(I can't remember if :SYSTEM.LAST_RECORD returns a character string or a
boolean - if it's a boolean, remove the single quotes around 'TRUE'.)

The above will tell you how many records are in a block.  If you want the
number of records displayed at any given time in a block (whether or not there
are actually any displaying), see if you can get that using get_block_property.

-Matt