Re: Forms6 : "no navigable item"

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_fightspam.sd.znet.com>
Date: 2000/06/14

"Patrick Joyal" <please.reply_at_to.the.newsgroup> wrote in message news:3947e369$1_at_news...
> Hi,
>
> from what I know about Forms, if I want to
> use Execute_query ; to refresh a datablock,
> the block I want to refresh need to be the current
> block. If not, I can use go_block().

Right.

>but when the block I want to refresh contain no navigable objects, (like
Display items and read-only text items), I get a "no navigable item" error message.

Right.

> What can I do to refresh the block without using
> go_block and without having to put a navigable object?

Turn one of them on and off dynamically for your navigational purposes:

set_item_property('myblock.myitem',enabled,property_true); go_block('myblock');
execute_query;
go_block('myoldblock');
set_item_property('myblock.myitem',enabled,property_false);

Or, if possible (depends on your block's relationship to where the cursor is now and what you want to do), just set the block's "deferred" property to false so that way it queries automatically w/o you having to navigate there and kick off the query yourself.

-Matt Received on Wed Jun 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message