Re: Calling All Experts. Help Needed !!

From: <charlotte_hurley_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/14

Thanks Sybrand,

        I have downloaded and installed TOAD, it's very useful in showing me all the tables, indexes etc, and there is a facility to generate scripts to build tables, but where is the facility that can allow me to build Type Objects based on these tables, with attributes being the field names ? I wasn't able to find that one...

Thank you so much,
Charlotte Hurley
Faro_at_connection.com

In article <960843221.4180.0.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>,   "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
> Download TOAD and you will have your functionality.
>
> Hth,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> <charlotte_hurley_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Oracle 8.1.6 I need to develop a PL/SQL package of routines
> > to generate SQL scripts of all the object definitions based on the
> > underlying tables in a database.
> >
> > The routines need to be built such that I can generate an object for
> > single named table or for all tables. The output script should
 support
> > re-generation of an object(s) by including the necessary DROP
 statements
> > for dependent items.
> > The items being generated will include:
> > a) the "abstract" object type
> > b) the "abstract" object view
> > c) the "abstract" object type body
> > d) the "wrapper" object type
> > e) the "wrapper" object view
> > f) the "wrapper" object type body
> > g) any grants required
> >
> > The output needs to go to a named file, presumably using the
 utl_file
> > package. This file can then be applied by a database using SQL
 Navigator
> > or SQLPlus etc.
> > It would be nice to have the option to have the scripts applied
> > automatically to the database by the generator - this could
 potentially
> > be achieved using the dbms_sql package.
> >
> > The idea is for the package being built to reference the data
> > dictionary and look up the names of all the tables in the database,
 and
> > create an object for each table, the attributes in this object
 should
> > simply represent every field in that table.
> >
> > Does anyone have a script that can do this ??? any idea ?? any
> > help is much appreciated. Please do not hesitate to ask me for more
> > information.
> >

> > Thank you so much,
> > Charlotte Hurley
> > Faro_at_connection.com
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jun 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message