Re: instalation of Oracle Internet Directory

From: <asokol99_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/14

Someone else posted a replay that he is receiving the same error. Then Oracle analyst post the following message:

This issue must be handled by an Internet Messaging analyst, unfortunatly, at this time we do not have Internet Messaging support within MetaLink. Please log an iTAR on this issue. iTAR functionality can be accessed via the TARs option on MetaLink Home.

I filled the iTAR, but after that took the following steps:
  1. De-installed Infrastructure Management products
  2. Deleted the repository database instance which i created.
  3. Installed again, but this time used the default suggested name for the database (oiddb1).
  4. Proceeded with 4 steps to configure OID and was able to start up OID monitor and LDAP server.

Someone from Oracle Support called me on my TAR but then i already had that thing working. Except I was having a problem at the new spot (what a hairy thing - it will never fly in production, for sure).

Alex

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jun 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message