TextPtr function(in SQL server)=? in Oracle

From: SP <spant1_at_aol.com>
Date: 2000/06/13

[Quoted] I have a function TEXTPTR in SQL server. Following is the definition of TEXTPTR :
[Quoted] The TEXTPTR function returns a pointer to the text or image column in the [Quoted] specified row or to the text or image column in the last row returned by the [Quoted] query if more than one row is returned. Because the TEXTPTR function returns [Quoted] a 16-byte binary string, it is best to declare a local variable to hold the [Quoted] text pointer

I would appreciate if anyone could give me the equivalent function in Oracle.
SP Received on Tue Jun 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message