WebDB CGI and MS IIS 3.0 - bad combination ?

From: Peter H. Ulriksen <peterh_at_email.dk>
Date: 2000/06/13

Has anyone got the WebDB CGI program to work under Microsoft Internet Information Server 3.0 ?

I am trying to use IIS instead of the WebDB 2.2 listener, since I can't seem to make the WebDB listener listen on the correct IP-address on my NT server (we have two NIC's, and the WebDB listener always choses the one with the highest IP-address - which in our case is NOT desirable...)

I've set up the IIS and the wdbsvr.app, and everything works fine if I supply the user-ID and the password in the wdbsvr.app file (which ia a workaround according to Oracle Tech Support). Well, duhhh ... This is not really an option for us, since we want user authentication.

Tech Support claims that IIS is faulty and does not pass the correct HTTP-headers to the CGI-program.

Yes, I know that I can use another webserver (Apache, Xitami etc.), but that would be very unconvenient.

Suggestions, anyone ?

Oh, by the way:
Configuration:
NT 4.0, SP 4
IIS 3.0
WebDB 2.2
Oracle 8.0.5

Regards,
Peter H. Ulriksen Received on Tue Jun 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message