SQL*Loader Problem!

From: <ykagan_at_cypress-inc.com>
Date: 2000/06/12

I have a table with a column, say col1, that has datatype LONG. I need to load an ASCII file (about 70K) into this column, making only one row, in other words, converting all the physical records into one logical record. The only way to do that, I think, is to use either CONCATENATE or CONTINUEIF parameters. It works, but the file contains a lot of paragraphs, tabs, hard returns. So, when records are concatenated, all the tabs and returns are lost. It looks like one big chunk of text without any formatting. Any suggestions?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jun 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message