Calling All Experts. Help Needed !

From: <charlotte_hurley_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/12

Hello,

        On Oracle 8.1.6 I need to develop a PLSQL package of routines to generate SQL scripts of all the object definitions based on the underlying tables in a database.

The routines need to be built such that I can generate an object for a [Quoted] single named table or for all tables. The output script should support [Quoted] re-generation of an object(s) by including the necessary DROP statements for dependent items.
[Quoted] The items being generated will include:

a) the "abstract" object type
b) the "abstract" object view
c) the "abstract" object type body
d) the "wrapper" object type
e) the "wrapper" object view
f) the "wrapper" object type body
g) any grants required

The output needs to go to a named file, presumably using the utl_file [Quoted] package. This file can then be applied by a database using SQL Navigator or SQLPlus etc.
[Quoted] It would be nice to have the option to have the scripts applied automatically to the database by the generator - this could potentially be achieved using the dbms_sql package.

        The idea is for the package being built to reference the data dictionary and look up the names of all the tables in the database, and [Quoted] create an object for each table, the attributes in this object should [Quoted] simply represent every field in that table.

        Does anyone have a script that can do this ??? any idea ?? any help is much appreciated. Please do not hesitate to ask me for more information.

	Thank you so much,
	Charlotte Hurley
	Faro_at_connection.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jun 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message