ORA-00942: Table or View does not exist

From: Bobby <bobby25_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: 2000/06/10

I am running Oracle 8.1.6 on NT.

I am having what appears to be a simple permission problem.

I have created users and it appears that any time one user creates a table other users can't have access to it. Oracle returns error code ORA-00942: Table or View does not exist.

*This occurs even when I grant (using the table owner) select, insert, delete permissions for that table to PUBLIC or the specific users. No other user can access a table created by another. It is the most basic thing and it doesn't seem to be working.

What could be wrong?

The answer has to be something simple.

Thanks! Please help!

Bobby25_at_rocketmail.com Received on Sat Jun 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message