Re: Cold Fusion / InterDev

From: Cathy Racicot <racicot_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: 2000/06/10

Jim,

I've used Cold Fusion to migrate a prototype to our intranet with Oracle 8.0.5/NT 4.0 SP3. Here's what I like about it.

It was very simple to install. The overall install time was about 45 minutes for both server and CF studio (client side development tools).

Developing with Cold Fusion is a breeze as long as you're familiar with HTML and SQL and can figure out which Cold Fusion tags to use.

All in all, my proof of concept (justification of purchase) took me 2.5 days from install to finished samples, including displaying data from the database, as well as editing/updating said data.

My team (2 developers and myself) managed to migrate a prototype application done in Access with 10 forms and 40 tables to Cold Fusion, including all the functionality built in Access with VBA in 4 weeks. Note that none of these people had ever used Cold Fusion before.

I just wish I had shares in Allaire. All in all, I think this is a great product.

Joel