Pro*C - is using sqlerrd[2] bad practice

From: Obakesan <cjundieseastwd_at_powerup.com.au>
Date: 2000/06/09

HiYa

I'm currently using sqlerrd[2] to determine the amount of rows that have been returned in a cursor , however I don't like hard coding values into C programs, and this is doing just that.

I am worried that I'm making a maintainence issue for the future should Oracle change how this is implimented ... I know in PL/SQL that I'd use cur%ROWCOUNT to access this value, is there something that I've missed here to have something more abstract?

thanks

--

See Ya
(when the bandwidth gets better ;-)