Re: ANY TIPS for installing PO8i and Developer 6/Forms 6i?

From: Eric Givler <egivler_at_nttc.edu>
Date: 2000/06/08

I downloaded Dev 6i and it includes Forms, Forms Server, Reports and Reports Server. It also has the other products as well (graphics builder, procedure builder, etc.)

However, when you do the install of 6i, it will prompt you for the 4 options above. After that, you can still do a Custom install, BUT The other stuff doesn't show up. SO, if you pick a Forms install, then later select CUSTOM, you won't see the Reports options at all. IT's a little wierd.

Anyway... if you are going to install the Servers, do them SEPARATELY, and just choose a typical install. It will create a list of things you need to change. Get the CGI versions working first and you can then test your stuff running on the Web on PWS/IIS if you have it (part of NT option pack). Pretty cool.

From what I've read on Technet, you need to install Personal Oracle 8i in a separate oracle home.

Don't install Developer 6.0, as 6.i is just another "release" of that, with some more bugs fixed.

Good luck!